PIPER SCREWED UP AND YOU’RE PAYING FOR IT!
From 1983 forward, Piper raised the gross weight of the Warrior II by 5% despite making no structural or horsepower change. Unfortunately, Piper never made the case to re-certify the gross weight of the 1977-1982 models. This left thousands of airplane owners to choose between treating their Warrior as a 3-seater or illegally flying over gross weight.
If you have ever been faced with that difficult decision, no need to worry anymore. We have a simple and inexpensive fix to reclaim your additional 5% of gross weight capacity and it only takes 15 minutes of your time. Even better, we are committed to hitting some ambitious sales goals by the year-end so we are offering a discount rate of just: $5.99/lb.
*Increase in gross weight is actually 4.946% for the purists.
INCREASE GROSS WEIGHT FROM 2325 LBS TO 2440 LBS WITHOUT CHANGING YOUR AIRCRAFT OR ENGINE
The increase is achieved through a Supplemental Type Certificate (STC). Applicable Models:
- STC#: SA00397NY
- Piper Warrior IIs (PA28-161) 1977 through 1982, serial #28-7716001 through #28-8216300 only.
Your order includes:
- A placard for your instrument panel.
- A Piper Warrior II Information Manual.
- A sample 337 with recommended language for your IA Mechanic.
- A guide on recommended placement of your placard.
THE COST OF NOT DOING IT IS FAR TOO GREAT
Playing By The Rules
If you haven’t installed the STC yet, I highly recommend you play by the rules. Unfortunately, you’ll have to commonly choose between sacrificing 1 person or 18 gallons of fuel. Neither of these options is ideal. And while you and I both know that the plane is capable flying at the higher weight without the STC, the risk and potential cost are far too great.
Flying over gross weight has often led to suspensions due to findings of careless and reckless operations. This also goes on your record and can hurt your insurance premiums as well as stop you from flying for a while. In addition, the FAA has also gone after fines or revocations when other issues surfaced. Don’t give them a reason to question you during a ramp check.
Insurance Claim Denial
This one gets real expensive, real quick. If you should have any kind of accident and the claims adjusters find out that the airplane was operated above gross weight, they can make a case to deny the claim altogether. In the case of a total loss of the aircraft, you’d be completely out of pocket for the full value of the aircraft. Ouch! Even worse, if someone were hurt on the ground or in the aircraft, they could go after you for criminal penalties. I don’t like typing this as much as you probably don’t like hearing it so let’s make sure this never becomes an issue. Just follow the simple steps below.
THE VERY SIMPLE PROCESS FOR IMPLEMENTING THE STC
- Purchase the STC.
- Fill out our STC Registration Form.
- We’ll mail you the STC kit. We offer free standard shipping for all sales within the US.
- Have your local FAA-certified IA mechanic file a 337 with the STC details.
- Enter copies of the STC and 337 form into your aircraft records.
- Place the included Piper Warrior II Information Manual in the aircraft.
- You now have a Piper Warrior II with a Maximum Gross Weight of 2440 lbs. How’s that for simple?!
$7.99/lb $5.99/lb (At 115 lbs total = $688.85)